Code of Conduct Aug 6, 2014 22:56:55 GMT -6
Post by Kenshin on Aug 6, 2014 22:56:55 GMT -6
We reserve the right to hand out any punishment we deem deserved, but generally speaking you're likely to get verbal/board warnings or a temporary cbox ban for breaking general conduct rules, and lose post count and/or gold for roleplay-related grievances.
- Don't be a jerk.
- Don't beg for posts. This includes constantly complaining in cbox about how people haven't posted, or 'reminding' people to post every time you're on.
- Seriously, don't be a jerk. Flaming people, harassing them based on gender, talking about how much you dislike their characters, trolling, all are bad.
- Way of the Warrior is rated PG-13. This also applies to cbox.
- The cbox is a privilege, not a right. If you lose that privilege do not attempt to evade it, it will turn into a forum ban.
- Don't godmod or powerplay.
- You can be in three 'personal plot' topics at once and one 'site plot' topic on a single character. Supports and Black Tickets bypass this rule.
- 'Personal Plot' is defined as anything that doesn't effect the world as a whole. Site plot is defined as anything that is related to Etruria, LCO, or Arum for the time being.
- Each post should be at least two solid paragraphs long. Gold is only earned for posts of 250 words or greater.
- You must purchase weapons and items through the shop to use them in-character.
- Multiple posts by a single character in a row is frowned upon, but if you want to do a solo thread, each post requires double the normal minimums (~4 paragraphs, 500 words). Each character gets one solo topic post per day. There is no exact time frame you must wait, the date has to change unless you make one post in the evening. Then you have to wait 12 hours, example if you post at 6pm you must wait till 6am to make another post.
- If you have multiple characters in the same thread, they may not post successively. If you control characters A and C while RPing with a friend controlling character B, the post order must be A-B-C, never A-C-B.
- If you have crazy ideas, discuss them with the staff BEFORE doing them. We're generally happy to work with you to make something acceptable, but we're not as nice about it if you break the rules and we find out later.
- If you're going to have a special NPC related to your character, then your character MUST be present in the thread.
- We request that people wait 2 days before skipping someone's turn in a topic, but not multiple people. Life happens. People can't always get on to post 30 seconds after you do. Try to respect that. After two days, carte blanche. If everyone involved agrees, you are free to ignore this rule. Now, if someone is consistently making the topic wait 2+ days, 3 times to be specific, they lose their spot in the posting order for the rest of the thread unless otherwise agreed upon. As a correlation - please try to respect your RP partners in general. Don't constantly beg people to post, attempt to wrest control of a topic from someone else, or give them a crappy post just to get +1 post count. In an event thread, this limit is extended to a 5 days given the plot important nature of the thread.