Locke's Trip Log May 17, 2014 18:47:56 GMT -6
Post by Locke on May 17, 2014 18:47:56 GMT -6
Within these pages I shall inscribe the sights of my travels, and the results of my efforts to bring humans and dragons closer together once more.
- The Tip of the Iceberg: I met a human named Kyle. He was young, shy, and fought with the bow. We decided to set off for the Western Isles. He seems like a thoroughly decent human.
- From Sand to Sea: Kyle and I set off through the desert. We camped out and were attacked by vultures and hyenas, although we fended off all the beasts.
- Ebb and Flow: I boarded a boat for the Western Isles with Kyle. We began our trip and I managed to win money when I arm-wrestled. We were shortly thereafter beset by pirates. Kyle, up in the crow's nest, used his bow to attack them from afar, and I engaged them full-force. By sinking their ship, I ended the battle, although I suspect Kyle finds me a bit too strong. I then was washed away by a storm and took refuge under the sea.
- A Good Old-Fashioned Treasure Hunt: I surfaced on Shamrock Isle, and joined up with Ephraim, 'Garrett', and Ajari in a hunt for treasure. We found an old chest, but it had no valuable contents, unfortunately. Just some coins and a rotted book.
- Smoke on the Road: I was leaving the Isles when I came across a man named Smoke and a caravan lead by a woman named 'Myscha'. They took shelter in a cave when the weather got bad, and a man named 'Ryker' arrived. He knew Myscha somehow. There was a good deal of tension, and then the cave entrance collapsed. We dug our way out, and I discovered that Smoke was one of us. The second the entrance was open, he disappeared, and I thought it wise to do likewise.
- Looking to be Found: Still on the Isles, I saved a young priest named Liror and a man named William from pirates. After doing so, I hurried onward, back towards Nabata. I still hoped to find Kyle.
- A Song of Fish in the Sea: On board a ship back to Nabata, I was attacked by pirates. Zahhak, a martial artist, Jabal, a huge man, and Cefia, a woman of the axe, all were allies in this battle. However, both ships were wrecked and I found myself washed to Nabata only by sheer luck.
- Relics of an Ancient Race: At the Sanctuary of the Earth Dragons, deep in the Nabatan desert, I encountered a woman named Isis who searched for knowledge and truth. I told her of the ancient Earth Tribe, and showed her the Inner Sanctuary. I accepted the Mace of the Guardian at that point.
- Buried Beneath (support): Beneath the Sanctuary, I showed Isis the power and majesty of an Earth Dragon. She seems to understand our people and truly want to bring about peace. But since she left the Sanctuary, I have never seen her again.
- Searching For Meaning: I met Bones, a woman with three wards, in Nabata, and we went to a formal gathering. It was interesting, but these humans seemed more interested in money and profit than understanding dragonkind.
- Ohmwrecker: In Lycia, I ran across a woman named Nayru. We spoke, and soon discovered that we both were dragons. However, Nayru had experienced more of the world, and so spoke with greater understanding of the fundamental differences that made our kind and humankind clash in the first place. She showed me a new focus for life, and through her unusual and hard-to-categorize dialogue, opened my eyes to new ways of thinking.
- Sand Castles: Back in Nabata, I wrestled a man, who was a dragon of Air. His name was Aeos and he was relatively in the dark about dragonkind and our storied past. We traveled together to a tavern, discussed our pasts, and decided to travel together to the Sanctuary.
- Dragons of the Desert (support): Aeos and I flew to the Sanctuary, and had a brief spar on the way. I learned how to combat his strength, and he my powerful breath. I believe we are becoming fast friends. At the Sanctuary, I showed him all there was to see and told him of Arcadia, our last refuge.
- Whispers and Rumors: In Pherae, I was stopped by a young man named Wei. We spoke of dragon temples, treasure, and other nonsense when two humans tried to attack us. I quickly ended the fight. We then went off to hunt a man who sent the attackers, but to no avail.
- Practice Makes Slightly Less Terrible: I practiced with the Guardian mace in the desert, and then transformed to stretch my wings in my true form. I was joined by a dog while I exercised, who kept me company throughout it.
- Crossroads: The forests of Lycia were full of surprises - I met Victoria, a young and injured girl, and spoke with her of many things, subtle yet profound things, which were words of deep wisdom and power. We were met by Shara, a woman who prickled the back of my mind. I could not place why she reminded me of someone I knew long ago.
- A Tale of Scales and Feathers: Aeos brought me to the forests of Foxatross on the island of Vinland. There, we met the beasts called 'Taguel,' the odd monstrosities that possessed the worst elements of both humankind and the beasts of Elibe. The coarse and vile Anzu deigned to strike me, though at least he used the power of his body, unlike the pretender Neamhain, who called forth the magic humans channel. I do not like these 'Taguel.'