Yorick's Scar Stories Sept 4, 2014 15:14:36 GMT -6
Post by Yorick on Sept 4, 2014 15:14:36 GMT -6
This is where I will list the things I do. I think they call it journaling.
- A Skull of a Good Time: I killed a bunch of thugs in black. A girl named Bones offered me a place in her bandit gang, and I accepted. It gave me something to do for a while, since I was already in Bern.
- Bael Hunt: After leaving the Skull Bandits, I saw a monster-fighting gig in Thria. Baels. So I signed on, with a Swordmaster called Duma who was generally a nice guy, Ajari the martial artist, who had sweet moves and really high jumps, Kyle the bowman who was pretty quiet, and Vincent, a young guy with a sword and a big heart. We killed two Baels, by hacking them up and blowing up their cave. I was injured but rescued, just like everyone. I got a Bael Fang as a trophy from the fight.
- The Story of Scars (support): I talked with Duma for a while after the Bael fight in Thria. We discussed our injuries and our fighting styles. He moves elegantly in his robes, and I trade his skill with any one weapon for heavy armor and decent abilities with two. We agreed to meet sometime in Taras to see Sacae.
- Dancing Dead: I met Oya the axeman, who had a gigantic club, and Mila the mage in Ostia. We had all met in order to kill some Bonewalkers that were becoming a problem. There were a lot of them, actually. We smashed through the Bonewalkers, their Wight leader, and all survived. It was tough. I got a Wight skull as a trophy from the fight.
- Monster Fighters (support): Mila and I shared some talk after killing the Bonewalkers in Ostia. We discussed magic and melee fighting, and I shared my idea for a monster fighting guild. She liked the idea, so the Verdant Cross was born.
- Durrandon's Ambition: I was the guard for a mine in Thria when some folks busted in and decided to try and take it over. There was a mess of fighting, and a man who claimed he was a king tried to get me to switch sides. I declined and boarded a ship to attack an archer, but was knocked overboard. When I reached shore, I tried to rest, and then woke up later. Everyone was gone.
- The Sisters of the Open Heart: I met Cebron and Una in Bern, and fought alongside Cebron's mercenary company in a battle against bandits. We won cleanly, but since I'm not much for organized mercenary work, I left.
- March of the Dead: Back in Lycia, in Worde, I encountered a young guy named Xin and his sister Fin. We fought a giant Revenant that appeared, and Fin almost was killed. We got through it all right, though. I got a giant Revenant vertebra as a trophy from the fight.
- Dry Bones and Empty Homes: I traveled back to Ostia and looked at the remnants of a destroyed town. It was a pretty pitiful place, and I was glad to be out of there.
- The Call Knows Where You Live: In Bern once more, I answered a request for Gargoyle slayers, and met Orcleous, a man who had the same club that Oya once had. Also fighting alongside us was Ilheod, a Wyvern-riding warrior, and Mila, my pal the mage. We beat the stuffing out of the Gargoyles after fighting our way through some catacombs full of Revenants. When Mila was injured, I went a bit nuts and smashed a Gargoyle to smithereens. I got a Gargoyle horn as a trophy from the fight.
- Conversations of the Cross (support): Mila and I talked after the Gargoyle fight in Bern. We were grateful to each other, and got to trust each other even more. She's a really sweet one, Mila. And she's getting tough too.
- The Hounds of Sacae: In Sacae, Mila and I took on some Mauthe Doogs and a Gwyllgi. We had allies - Donovan, a swordfighter, Vincent, another old friend, Isaac, a brusque swordfighter, and Jule, a young girl who seemed to be able to swing her little blade. The fight was brutalizing, and I was wounded badly. We won, though, and Jule landed the final blow. It was pretty cool. I got a Gwyllgi claw and a Mauthe Doog pelt as trophies from the fight.
- A Loaded Lance and a Boozy Blade (support): Donovan and I shared our stories after the Doog battle. It seemed like every time we told it, it got even better! The only problem is, I don't remember much about the night or the day after it. Wow.
- A Highway to Hell: I escorted a caravan through Worde, fighting off Baels, Revenants, and Bonewalkers. I was joined by a mage, Bruce, who fought with an interesting style -- magically infused punches. Later on, Orcleous appeared to assist me, and he joined me for another job I was heading to.
- A Test of Mettle: Bruce, Orcleous, and I met in Ostia. The job was to clear out a town that had been infested by Bonewalkers so that the original residents could reclaim their homes. A Griffon Rider, Venford, proved his worth, and the might of the Griffon, as we battled the undead skeletons. It was a harrowing and difficult job, but we prevailed.