Minerva's Margin Notes Jul 26, 2016 9:53:14 GMT -6
Post by Minerva on Jul 26, 2016 9:53:14 GMT -6
I will use these notes in my book of magic as a way of recording my heists and hijinks for posterity.
- Mind Games: In Pherae I met Nax and Lily, the former a traveler and the latter a Pegasus Knight. They kept me company in a bar, and Nax was quite attractive. I found her most striking, and we had quite a lovely time, though a young boy managed to heckle us on our way to Nax's chamber.
- Blizzard Delusions: Back in Ilia, I met Dunamis, an ice-block of a knight, and Daje, a Wyvern rider, in a blizzard. Inside a warm tavern, we were joined by Rembert the scholar and Orcleous, a funny man. The conversation died down and I took a nap.
- Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might: Along with the Flash Bandits and their leader, Borgus, a light mage, I assaulted a Sacaean village. A Swordmaster fought against us, but we managed to escape with the contents of their coffers.
- Black Gold: Borgus, a new colleague named Baako who fought with the sword, and I went to complete a job. We hired an assassin to eliminate a young noble girl in Bern.
- Bern it Down: I led a groud of bandits called the Sharks against a Bernese town. Borgus joined us, but the defense of the town included that same Swordmaster and a shaman of dark magic. While my forces were destroyed, the town was also looted, and I escaped with my life.
- Small Time Arena: In the Isles, laying low, I fought for gold and glory in a small, seedy arena. Fighting also were two axemen, one male and one female.
- Gathering Supplies: I was a support figure for Orland's attack on a town in Bern to gain supplies for the invasion and attack on the City of Heroes. Assisting me were Rogus, a sneaky sneak, and Oleg, a soldier. As we moved in, another sneaky sneak, Near, appeared to help. And then everything kind of exploded. A Sage moved to stop us but was engaged by another sly fellow, and a Wyvern-riding soldier joined the opposition. It all went downhill, and most of the supplies were burned.
- Singed Spirit (support): Rogus and I escaped the Bern debacle. He was an exiled noble, it seemed, and we actually were able to talk openly and freely about things that worried us. I shared my fears of marriage.
- Siege West (1): I fought under Orland as one of the attackers on the Sacaean City of Heroes. We were hit hard from every side, our advance neutralized when some crazy guy with an ice axe and a mage who threw giant lightning bolts showed up and set about killing everyone attacking. Orland was cut down in a single strike. I was captured by a Shaman and he led me off to the North.
- Siege North (1): After escaping from the Shaman, I led a second attack, which managed to fell some of the defenders in style. Rogus showed up to help, and we kicked some butt before the counterattack hit. It still ended in a bloody stalemate, though.
- Siege North (2): A mess of monsters erupted from the ground, and I tried to support them until the whole place turned into a chaotic death trap. Then I ran far away, stealing a horse to aid my escape from the plains.
- Hay is for Horses: After the Siege mess, I escaped. In a tavern in Ilia I encountered a pegasus knight, Brina, and a man with a big axe, Oya. He fought at the Siege too, and I cautioned him to keep quiet so that we weren't hunted down and killed for being bandits.
- I'm Going to Need a Captain: I met a man named Gar in the Isles. He joined my smuggling operation and proved his worth as a seaman when he efficiently eliminated a hit squad sent to kill us. We then boarded my boat and took off for the mainland to finish the smuggling run.
- Bone-Chilling Boats: Gar and I came across some floating boats. Thinking there might be treasure, we went aboard, only to find a nest of Revenants. We were lucky to escape the ghost ship without losing our men or our ship to their nefarious tactics.
- A New Road: Taking a break from smuggling, I went to Lycia and met a new mage, Bee, who was trying to learn the ways of Anima. I agreed to teach her for a time, and helped her improve her skills with the fire tome.
- Fire and Ice: A mage named Ravvus and I met in Ilia. We shared a meal, a spar, and a hot encounter in an igloo I made from Fimbulvetr. It was quite refreshing after all my time in banditry, piracy, and plundering.
- Out of Durrandon's Shadow: I returned to smuggling and met a man of the axe, Lucius, in the Isles. We agreed to partner up and begin privateering. My smuggling craft will certainly be of use, and I felt confident in our ability to make a killing off of the bounty of the sea.
- Ascent: In the frigid mountains of Ilia, I ventured to the Temple of Nature to try and find the secrets of Fimbulvetr. On my way up, I met the woman Lynessa, who had a mysterious affinity for ice, and the mage Sergeo, who was an abrasive and condescending prick. Inside the temple, I found a hidden chamber, and fought a guardian of ice with the assistance of the two and a new man, Synkkis, who fought with the power of shadow. The true secrets of the Ice magic were revealed to me; I have yet to understand and decipher them.
- Slaughter in the Snowdrifts: I was caught in a bandit attack on an Ilian town; I managed to fight my way out and escape with the help of a soldier, Eris, who initially was a pain in the ass but who backed me up faithfully. We defeated a wyvern and a shaman, and barely escaped over a wall before the whole town was sacked, razed, and plundered.
- Rekindling: Ongoing