Leveling and Promotion May 29, 2017 0:54:39 GMT -6
Post by Nayru Al-Saiduq on May 29, 2017 0:54:39 GMT -6
Experience and Levels
Here on Way of the Warrior, we measure character strength primarily based on battle experience, rather than straight post count.
Battle experience, however, is less constricted by numbers, so a post count can serve as a rough estimate of how experienced your character is at, well, battling. Generally speaking, post count is a reasonably solid estimate of power, and should be roleplayed as such - attacking a 700 post legendary general with a lifetime of combat experience as a fresh Myrmidon will not end well. However, you can have 600 posts and still be objectively weaker than someone with 500 if they spend most of their time fighting while you just made tea and crumpets,
As in the GBA Fire Emblem games (Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones), once you hit the max level for your first class you can generally "promote" to a stronger version of it, often with access to more weapon types. Mages can promote into Sages, for example, or Cavaliers to Paladins. However, as in Sacred Stones, most classes have two promotion options - Shamans can become Druids or Seers, while Thieves can promote to either Assassins or Rogues. The class overview topic has a complete list of possible classes and more information regarding each, and can be found here.
Promotion itself is very simple: you hit the max level for your class, and after getting enough experience for one more, your next level up "evolves" you to a new class, ex. a 200 post Mage can become a Sage. You just need to PM a mod to have it become official. Different classes have different requirements, though, briefly detailed below! Please note that if you are promoting to one of the classes with a choice of weapons (ex. Shamans promoting to Druids can choose between Anima OR Staves as their second weapon type), you should note which you chose in the PM as well.
- Trainee classes [Recruits, Journeymen, Novices, Squires, Hunters, Pupils] promote to their chosen class at 100 posts. They can achieve a Promoted class at 300 posts.
- Basic classes [Soldiers, Knights, Mercenaries, Myrimidons, Thieves, Fighters, Pirates, Brigands, Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, Wyvern Riders, Archers, Nomads, Acolytes, Shamans, Clerics/Priests, Troubadours] promote at 200 posts.
- Promoted classes [Generals, Great Knights, Halberdiers, Paladins, Badits, Berserkers, Heroes, Warriors, Assassins, Swordmasters, Yeomen, Rogues, Falco Knights, Seraph Knights, Dragon Knights, Wyvern Lords, Snipers, Nomadic Troopers, Rangers, Mage Knights, Sages, Bishops, Druids, Seers, Valkyries] promote at 500 posts.
NOTE: Even pre-promotes need 500 posts to become champions.
Promoted classes either become a Champion or an Archsage depending on their use of weapons or magic respectively, and gain access to all weapons or magic types respectively.
- Manaketes and Dragons promote to their Divine forms at 500 posts.
- Taguel become Alphas of their respective tribe at 500 posts.