Create a Warrior Rules Nov 8, 2015 22:00:04 GMT -6
Post by Kenshin on Nov 8, 2015 22:00:04 GMT -6
You must first make a new topic on the Create a Warrior board titled as the name of your character.
Also, to make it easy for everyone, make your account name your character name. Say, if your character is named "ABC", change your display name to read "ABC".
Below is the recommended layout for a new character. While you don't necessarily need to use this exact format, please do include all the important information. Backstory doesn't have to be huge, just give us something to work with. And uh, if you're going to use the amnesia thing, be willing to tell staff up front in topic or via PM - we don't like surprises.
- Human classes may start as Trainee, Basic or Advanced classes, but their backstory must support that decision - a prepromote should have a damn good excuse and a lot of relevant history to be one. Prepromotes can start with up to a 2000 gold loan. Trainees on the flip side are generally limited to the 14-16 age range, and represent young and inexperienced fighters.
- Dragons always begin at basic level and must work for their phenomenal cosmic power
- Taguel are currently limited to starting at basic level, with 1 free adaptation of their choice. Please note that ALL Taguel come from Vinland with no exceptions
- No existing FE character ripoffs - that means no Ostian thieves named Mathew.
- Arcadia is believed to be a myth by humanity - only dragons know the truth. It's fine to have heard a few rumors, but not even human researchers have found any evidence of its existence, and your character isn't an exception. Finding out about it in play is possible through certain methods...
Here is the list of classes you can pick from, look over each description and decide from there.
Alternate accounts(commonly known as "Alts") MUST have the name of the original account explicitly mentioned in the alt's profile topic.
Starting Location Warnings:
Over the course of time, there may be places where you cannot start a character out. Places on this list means that something of plot significance happened there recently. If you wish to make a character whose history relates to these areas, ensure that you have contacted a Mod for the synopsis of what happened in these areas.
Currently these locations are: Lycia: Ostia
Nobility: We understand that you may want your character to be the bastard child of some noble, we would ask you to PM the staff with a basic outline of the character's blood line BEFORE you post it. High level nobility and royalty are generally banned.
While you're free to create one, these are the most scrutinized classes due to their power. There are unique rules for this class here as well as a fair amount of lore to help you work out a character here.
While not scrutinized as heavily as dragons, Taguel are fairly alien compared to generic fantasy humanoids - please refer to this topic for character creation rules as well as this topic for more lore about the race and their society. The Snake Tribe (lamias and naga) have an additional topic here
Half Dragon Half Human:
Characters are not allowed. One or the other. Same with half-Taguel; you're either human or Taguel.
When your profile is accepted, it will be moved to the appropriate sub-board. From time to time inactive characters will have their profile page moved to the inactive board, to have it placed back with the active ones simply post in the profile page and it will be moved back. Once accepted you can post a link to it in your mini-profile field(remember to use the BBCode!) so you, and others, can quickly find it.
If you're unable to splice sprites together on your own, you can head here to download a program to do that for you. There should be some trouble shooting in the thread there if you run into a problem.
Or if you're looking for materials with which to create your portrait sprite, here is a link to a comprehensive collection of mugshots:
PLEASE NOTE: If you're going to use work not created by Intelligent Software that is not yours, please ask the original artist for permission.