Lydia's Experiment Notebook Jul 25, 2016 15:17:04 GMT -6
Post by Lydia on Jul 25, 2016 15:17:04 GMT -6
I'm going to list my travels and experiments here, so that all of my work is recorded in the interests of science.
- Skin Deep: I was in Ostia, and was attacked by Revenants. A guy named Wei helped me defeat them, and I realized that weapon strikes or magic to the head disrupts the command center, rendering the corpses inanimate once more.
- Hook, Line, and Sinker: After leaving Ostia for Tuscana, I decided, upon the suggestion of some idiots, to try spear-fishing. It was during that debacle that I met Tiz, a decent fisherman, and Bree, a tough lass with an axe. And I caught a fish. Go figure.
- River Rats: I re-encountered Wei in Ryerde, where I was trying to stow away on a ship heading to Thria. He tried to dissuade me, but I gave him the slip and set off hidden in some sugar.
- Bright like a Diamond: I slipped past some guards and obtained many samples to use in my experiments regarding the amplification and dampening of magic. My results suggest that rubies may help stabilize Elder Magic, while gold appears to actively resist it.
- All in the Name of Progress: I met Azia as I worked on my antitoxins in the Western Isles. We had a brief conversation, and I discovered that she knew little of science or scientific thought. It was almost disappointing, meeting one who had so little respect for the art of discovery.
- Bogged Down: In the swamps of Caelin, I met Ricard, a young hunter, and the quiet, brusque mercenary Ylva. After an embarrassing misunderstanding and a terse introduction, we began speaking of monsters, antitoxins, and my scientific studies. I was able to share some of my discoveries with them, but we were interrupted by the appearance of Revenants, which we managed to defeat, though it was a frantic and tough fight.
- Freedom for the Lost: Ongoing Ephraim
- Controlling Flames: Ongoing Bee
- List item 9
- List item 10