Tamaya's Song Jun 30, 2015 11:52:48 GMT -6
Post by Tamaya on Jun 30, 2015 11:52:48 GMT -6
I will use the words of this epic poem to describe the places I have been, the people I have seen, and the events I have participated in.
- Rowdy Arphen: In the Ilian city of Arphen, I was confronted by xenophobes. Roin, a swordsman of the plains, and Marric, an axe-man, helped me fight off the attackers and provided me caring company and true friends.
- Tending One's Wounds (support): Roin helped me recover from my injuries I sustained during the Arphen fight. We spoke of family, of duty, and of tribe. Roin and I both hold heavy burdens that we must bear.
- Touring the City of Heroes: In the City of Heroes, I met a young, loud girl named Harmonia and a quiet one named 'Kate'. I helped Harmonia find Kenshin, the famed Crimson Demon of Sacae. He told me: "Don't take anything for granted. Cherish every moment with those you love as if it was going to be your last." With this new advice in my mind, I set out for more travels.
- Injured and Near Death, Hunted Down like a Dog: My travels led me to Bern, where I found a woman named Lisa being attacked by bandits. I immediately jumped to her defense, and surprisingly, Kate from the City of Heroes and a new Shaman friend also arrived to help us. We were able to fight off all of the attackers and save Lisa.
- Through the Woods: Traveling through Lycian woods, I met Vaan the haunted Seer, Caim the Novice, and Orcleous the swordsman. Caim and Orcleous passed going one way, and Vaan and I continued in the other, managing to outrun a pack of vicious wolves. We arrived safely on the other side, with only minor injuries that Vaan healed.
- An Empty Quiver: In Pherae, I relaxed after the wolf encounter with Vaan. Luke, a friendly swordsman, conversed with me, and I reunited with Marric, who had helped me all the way back in Arphen. On our way to town, Merric, a mage, joined us, though he spoke little. We enjoyed a meal, and then all went separate ways.
- A Hot Springs Retreat: At a hot springs in Ilia, I relaxed. Though I spoke to no one, I saw two interesting men. One had a scarred face, and the other an interesting demeanor. The hot springs were quite relaxing.
- Ambassador: I helped Roin gather allies to defend the City of Heroes. Among them were Rosa, a swordswoman, Alizarin, a befuddled man, Vicktaria, a pirate, friend Harmonia, the odd man Orcleous, a Knight named Aethan, and a grizzled man named Feren. Although I am not confident in their abilities, I suppose I am grateful for every person who will aid us against the attack.
- Siege West (1): Gathering my clan and our defenders, I led a charge to repel a group of raiders. Their huge leader (Orland) made the attackers strong and gave them confidence, but with the help of Roin, Marric, a Wyvern riding knight, and a Shaman, we were able to repel their attacks. Two new allies, one with a frozen axe and one with the power of the sky's wrath, helped turn the tide of battle in our favor.
- Siege West (2): The battle continued, and a mass of evil gargoyles arose, summoned by Hargus the bandit King. Our old Wyvern-riding ally was joined by a new one named Wolf, and we fought together with the Shaman to defeat the abominations and bring peace to our plains.
- As the Arrow Flies: I rested in Bern following the Siege, and briefly met a traveler named Isaac.
- Troubled Times: Monsters born from the evil power of Hargus appeared in Lycia. I went to help kill monsters, but instead killed bandits who had made trouble for a young girl, Irisvielle. An older woman named Cefia also helped with her large axe. The battle went well, and we were victorious.
- Cold Steel: I approached a Lycian smith to have him craft me a bow of power. His assistant, Bee, assured me of her master's proficiency in smithing and I agreed to the contract. Mr. Johnson, the smith, set to work immediately.
- Bow of Thunder: Upon my return to Mr. Johnson's shop, a thief attempted to steal my bow. Bee and I gave chase, and eventually hunted and trapped the robber in an alley. Though she tried to use my own new bow against me, I knocked her unconscious and recovered Mphezi-Manja, holding my bow of Thunder for the first time.
- To Soothe the Soul: Still in Lycia, I met a man named Tiz trying to rescue a girl named Nyroshea who had been captured by slavers. We fought off the evil men and then discussed our instincts, our values, and our outlooks on life.
- Facing the Past (support): Tiz and I discussed our heritage. He too was of the Cathecassa, but had left in order to pursue his own dreams and ambitions. The weight of his choice still bothered him, but I assured him of the forgiveness and the welcoming nature of our tribe.
- Burgling Bulgar: I helped Siegfried, a mercenary, apprehend a thief who was stealing from the merchants of Bulgar. The leader of Siegfried's mercenary company, Ulfric, offered me a brief stay working with them, and I agreed in order to see more and earn coin.
- Thunder Road: On the plains, a young mage named Alex was attacked by bandits. I used Mphezi-Manja's power to defeat the attackers and we rode off. Alex sought to become strong, and I agreed to let him travel with me for a time, until we reached another city.
- Birth of the Tempest: The Cathecassa clan assembled to meet Selibas, the Little Wolf, who was trying to unify the tribes against the Etrurian invasion. Many Sacaeans of other tribes, like Duma, who I realized I had seen at the hot springs, Yaen, a quiet swordsman who seemed very old in spirit, Luca, a young lancer, Altani, another tribe's lancer, and Chelsea, a Ranger whom I admired greatly. We attempted to set aside our differences and come together to fight for our land, to repel the invaders from our soil.
- Checkpoint: In the city of Bulgar, I met Naran, a myrmidon of the Batkuyag tribe. We discussed the great city of Bulgar and our weapons. I shared with Naran how I had grown closer to Mphezi-Manja, and how we continued to grow together.
- Tried and True: Outside of Bulgar, I practiced my archery, and was greeted by a fellow nomad, Arasen, who was of a different tribe. He was a decent archer, though I could see his technique lacked refinement and practice.
- The Hunt for Purpose: I met Quineve, a Cleric of Elimine, in Bulgar. We discussed the state of the world briefly, and then shared a meal over which we discussed our pasts and our potential futures. We discovered that we shared much in common, and rejoiced in finding a new friend in each other. Together we will ride to the Cathecassa so that she may meet the tribe, and so that I may show my people that Etruria itself is not the enemy, only those who ride to take the plains.
- Amid the Herd (support): Quineve and I traveled to meet my tribe, the Cathecassa, and we assimilated her into our culture so that she might be more able to understand us. It was an eye-opening experience for both her and my tribe, and I believe it brought us closer together.